Christie® MicroTiles® are the ultimate digital canvas - providing amazing image quality, vibrant, true-to-life colors, brilliant displays and the flexibility to design in any shape or size.
Specifically designed for the most demanding, high-ambient light environments, Christie MicroTiles deliver:
- spectacular colors
- super-fine resolution
- high-brightness images
- modular flexibility
- nearly seamless tiling
- reliable 24/7 operation
- sustainable design features
- low total cost of ownership
Christie MicroTiles are ideal for digital signage applications
Using the strengths of both DLP® projection and Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology, Christie MicroTiles offer substantially brighter images and a much wider color palette than conventional flat panel LCD and plasma displays. With no practical limit to the number of tiles in a display, Christie MicroTiles produce a virtually seamless canvas with an unlimited number of super-fine pixels. The tiles’ modular, flexible design means they blend into any environment.
- One-stop shopping
Featuring compatibility with touchscreen interactivity and a range of image processing and playback solutions, Christie MicroTiles offer a complete digital display system solution.
- Easily visualize your design
Christie's free MicroTiles Designer™ 2.0 online software tool delivers a simulated visual representation of a Christie MicroTiles display in your environment. Simply import dimensions and an image of your intended display, add still or video content and watch as your environment comes to life with MicroTiles.
- Low total cost of ownership
With no consumables, extremely long life – LEDs rated up to 65,000 hours before half brightness – energy efficiency, and reliable, virtually maintenance-free 24/7 operation, Christie MicroTiles have a low total cost of ownership(TCO). See for yourself! Use our TCO calculator to do the math.
- Products backed by service and support
We provide comprehensive services to help you design, build, deploy and support your displays. Christie products are backed by industry-leading training, warranties and technical support.
- Lightweight and shallow rear projection modules can be scaled to any size, shape and orientation, forming a digital canvas with tiny seams.
- Use our radio frequency remote control to navigate menu commands on the On-Screen Display from up to 100m (328ft) away.
- To play video or data on the tiles, simply connect a PC or other media player to the ECU using the single-link DVI connection provided. If your content exceeds the limit for DVI (i.e. approximately WUXGA at 60Hz), simply increase the number of ECUs connected to the display.
- With its “building block” format and small footprint, Christie MicroTiles give you design freedom to specify and install a digital media display that fits any commercial or public space. With a depth of only 260mm (10.2"), and weighing only 20lbs (9.4kg) MicroTiles fit your environment.
Features that matter
MicroTiles provide the capability to capture your audience’s attention – your way, just as you envisioned it, without having to worry if there is a technology out there worthy of displaying your content. Uniting spectacular colors, superior image quality and modular flexibility like no other visual solution can; MicroTiles are designed to meet your needs.
When color matters
Christie MicroTiles offer you color reproduction capability that is a full 115 percent of the NTSC color gamut and exceeds standard LCD flat panels by more than 50 percent. When you need a specific red, it delivers that red; brown – no longer a challenge. Maintain creative intent, your brand integrity and your vision by using Christie MicroTiles.
In this pixel powerhouse, you get 70x more pixels than the most popular 4mm surface-mount display LEDs. Your logo will never look blurred. Your art will always look flawless. Your geographical content will never be misleading. And your message will be seen.
Any shape, any size
Limited only by your imagination, MicroTiles can be configured in any shape and any size. See your ideas come to life, wherever, whenever and however you want.
Snap, lock and play
Lightweight, modular tiles lock together quickly and easily like building blocks. Sit back while the tiles automatically detect each other and display an image on the screen. Tear the tiles down, reconfigure them and they’ll still automatically recognize each other.
Long lasting reliability
Reliable solid-state components, including LEDs rated at 65,000 hours to half brightness, mean no lamps or consumables to replace for more than seven years! With Christie MicroTiles, you can be sure your message will be displayed reliably and consistently, just as you envisioned.
Automatic color and brightness matching
These visual building blocks have built-in sensors that monitor each LEDs performance, allowing the system to detect each tile in the array, and automatically adjust brightness and color during set-up and continuously over the life of your display.
No pixel left behind
With the ultra-thin seam between tiles, you can know that all the information you need is visible, with no important content left behind.
Easy to service
Each tile is 100 percent front accessible, allowing you to repair or replace any serviceable component in less than 15 minutes, without having to turn off or bring down any of the other tiles.
The greener choice
Christie is on the leading edge of greener solutions in this industry. That’s why we’ve created a product with no consumables. No consumables are a big deal in today’s environment. We’re Restriction of Hazardous Substances compliant and have built-in eco-power consumption modes. MicroTiles are an ideal choice for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design projects, and for any building where environmental standards must be met.
Working alongside our national dealer network, Christie’s comprehensive services team will work with you to design, build, deploy and support a customized digital signage solution that’s right for you and within your budget.
Christie® MicroTiles® provide the capability to capture your audience’s attention – your way, just as you envisioned it, without having to worry if there is a technology out there worthy of displaying your content. Uniting spectacular colors, superior image quality and modular flexibility like no other visual solution can; MicroTiles are designed to meet your needs.
|Display unit dimensions:
- height: 306mm (12.05")
- width: 408mm (16.06")
- depth: 260mm (10.24")
- weight: 9.2kg (20.3lbs) (including screen)
|External control unit (ECU) dimensions:
- height: 50mm (1.97")
- width: 259mm (10.20")
- depth: 191mm (7.52")
- weight: 1.6kg (3.5lbs)
| Display specifications:
- screen size (diagonal): 510mm (20")
- native resolution per tile: 720 x 540
- pixel pitch: 0.567 x 0.567mm
- screen gap: 1.3mm typical at 25°C (77°F) ambient
- LED lifespan (50% brightness): 65,000 hours
- peak white color temperature: 6500K
- color temperature: 3200-9600K
- adjustable gamma: Yes
- color space (CIE 1931): 115%
- optical system: DLP® 0.55" SVGA
| Screen specifications:
- maximum calibrated brightness1: 600 nits (cd/m2)
- operating temperature: 5°C (41°F) min, 40°C (104°F) max
- storage temperature: 2°C (36°F) min, 50°C (122°F) max
- operating humidity: 35-80% non-condensing
|Processing and control:
- input signal compatibility: Single-link DVI-D (HDCP)
- processor bit rate: 165M pixels per second
- data link bit rate: 5Gbps
- color processing: 13 bits
- refresh rate: 47-63Hz frame-locked
- control interface: Ethernet with SNMP support, Serial
- input rating:
- display unit: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.3A-0.54A
- ECU: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.20A
- power consumption per tile: 70W typical, 16W in standby, 110W design limit1
- power consumption per ECU: 8.5W typical
- heat load per tile: 239 BTUs/hr typical, 375 BTUs/hr design limit1
- clearance for ventilation (rear): 50mm (2") minimum
- vibration/motion limit: 0.5G
- noise level per tile at full brightness: 35dB at 25°C (77°F) ambient
- run time: 24/7
- mounting brackets for each tile above 5 high
- base feet for levelling the bottom row
- rear air filter
- Directives (EC) 2002/95/EC (RoHS) • 2002/96/EC (WEEE) • Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 (REACH)
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03 2nd Edition • UL 60950-1, 2nd Edition • IEC 60950-1:2001, 2nd Edition
- FCC, Part 15, Subpart B, Class A • EN55022/CISPR22 Class A • EN55024 / CISPR24 • CE (EU)
- GoST-R (Russia) • KC/KCC (Korea) • PSE (Japan) • C-Tick (Australia & New Zealand) • Singapore • Dubai • CCC (China) • South Africa
- 2 years parts and labor
- contact an authorized Christie representative for full details of our limited warranty
1 Under recommended (typical) operating conditions, brightness/color matching is enabled across the canvas. However, if brightness and color matching is disabled, higher brightness and power levels are achievable; up to 110 watts per tile. When designing a cooling or electrical system, this maximum design limit of 110W (375 BTUs/hr) should be used to ensure a reasonable safety factor. Refer to the Christie MicroTiles Specification and Application Guide, available on christiedigital.com, for more details.
Due to constant research, specifications and features are subject to change without notice.