Fully-integrated power and reliability
Your investment in theater equipment is significant. Yet your ultimate goal remains to provide the best viewing experience you can to your audience. We believe the amalgamation of our Christie® IMB and our superior Christie Solaria® Series 2 projectors will give you the winning combination you need at terrific value.
The Christie IMB is a fully-integrated media block that works brilliantly with our 2K and 4K Christie Solaria Series 2 digital cinema projectors. We say our media block is fully integrated because we manufacture the projectors it was designed for and we’ve designed the IMB to give you the very best in performance and reliability while at the same time enabling Christie Previsto™ High Frame Rate (HFR) and 4K capabilities. That’s a pretty concise, all-in-one solution for you to continue providing picture-perfect feature films for years to come.
The Christie IMB converts and delivers packaged feature-film content within a secure, DCI-compliant environment. Employing the Christie IMB allows you to use more flexible and lower cost non-proprietary storage devices in your theater system design. With complete MPEG2 support, the Christie IMB also gives you the freedom to display a larger variety of advertising or alternative content without adding additional hardware.
Christie’s integrated media block provides a secure, reliable system architecture and future proofs your investment for the next generation of HFR and resolution standards.
The Christie IMB is easily upgradable to provide HFR and 4K support:
- HFR upgrade: 2K 2D up to 60 fps and 3D up to 60 fps/eye
- 4K upgrade: 4K 2D up to 30 fps
Why choose an IMB over a traditional external media server?
- More bandwidth to display full color 3D at 24 fps/eye (3D at 4:4:4 12-bit color processing)
- When upgraded, full support for 48/60 fps/eye 3D and 4K content
- Very secure system design
Why choose a Christie IMB?
- Provides a more reliable projection system since the IMB was designed with a deep understanding of the projector’s software, thermals, vibrations and internal power availability
- The Christie IMB is easily upgradable to provide HFR and 4K support
- Uses commodity storage devices, thereby reducing cost, reducing downtime due to maintenance, and providing more flexibility in the overall system design
- Provides streaming MPEG2 support for advertising and alternative content from the attached commodity storage device
- Has an intuitive Screen Management System (SMS) for managing content at the screen level; it integrates seamlessly with Christie Avias-TMS™ for theater-level content management
- Integrated software architecture ensures safe and fully-tested software upgrades
- Designed with multiple failover options for increased reliability and performance
- A single projection system backed by a single, dedicated, technical support team
- With more than 80 years of experience meeting and exceeding exhibitor needs and requirements, Christie will be around to provide support for the lifetime of this product
Due to constant research, specifications and features are subject to change without notice.