The Christie Matrix StIM™ WQ takes solid state projection for the simulation and training industry to the next level. With high brightness, WQXGA resolution, real-time balancing of color and brightness levels, and advanced smear reduction technology, the Christie Matrix StIM WQ LED illuminated projector provides the most true-to-life image quality in the simulation industry.
Designed with Christie expertise, this simulation projection system has a fully ruggedized chassis for motion platform use. And, it’s designed with solid state illumination – there are no consumables for a virtually maintenance-free system.
||2560 x 1600 WQXGA|
||800 ANSI Lumens|
|Output frame rate
||60Hz or 120Hz|
||Full Spectrum InfraRGB™ (RGB + IR) LED|
||Greater than 50,000 hrs to 50% output|
||88lbs (40kg)|| |
Engineered specifically for simulation and training
Christie Matrix StIM WQ is a fully integrated projection system designed to address the requirements of today’s most demanding simulation and training applications. Simulation-specific features include:
- Christie AutoCal™ – an easy-to-use system that allows users to automatically re-calibrate both geometry and blending with unequalled accuracy
- Christie ArrayLOC™ for real-time balancing of color and brightness levels
- Christie AccuFrame™ – smear reduction technology to accurately display high speed simulation content. On the Christie Matrix StIM WQ, AccuFrame is fully adjustable in 1% increments allowing system designers to maximize dynamic image quality over a range of frame rates and training scenarios for the most realistic displays
- Christie InfraScene™ for true-to-life NVG stimulation. The unique, dual input architecture of the Christie Matrix StIM WQ makes it the only WQXGA simulation projection system available today that displays separate channels for visible light and infrared spectrum. Using Christie InfraScene, it accurately depicts day and night scenes and independent stimulated NVG images, enabling realistic and relevant training for difficult conditions of limited visibility and night time operations. It also offers new capability, allowing users to control and optimize the separate visible and IR scenes, providing the flexibility to tailor and optimize the system to meet specific training requirements.
Another advantage of the Christie Matrix StIM WQ’s dual input architecture is the ability to composite the two 60Hz RGB inputs to deliver true 120Hz RGB operation. This results in dramatically improved image quality without image artifacts or perceived loss of brightness, all while maintaining compatibility with current Image Generator technology, and without the need to make changes to the visual database.
Christie Matrix StIM WQ offers you peace of mind
Built on an inherently stable long-life platform that doesn’t fade over time, Christie Matrix StiM WQ is a lamp-less illumination system that offers unprecedented stability and reliability at an extremely low sustainment cost that translates to a low total cost of ownership.
Designed for 24/7 operation, the Christie Matrix StIM WQ provides years of continuous operation with no consumables and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
- Solid state technology with single DMD™ – provides unmatched picture reliability, filter-free design and no color wheel for high reliability
- Unique dual input architecture – enables realistic stimulation of NVGs through Christie InfraScene™ and true 120Hz output for the highest dynamic image quality
- Integrated, extraordinarily fast LED illumination with a lifetime greater than 50,000 hours to 50% output
- No consumables – no lamps for longer life, longer reliability and lower cost of ownership than traditional lamped projectors
- Unlimited mounting options – removes restrictions of a lamp for any orientation mounting
- Ruggedized motion platform kit – to withstand 5g shock load
- Increased color gamut – for more dynamic and realistic rendering of the training environment
- 10,000:1 dynamic contrast (under LED control)
- No mechanical iris required
- 95% brightness and color uniformity after electronic adjustment
|Display Technology Type:
- Revolutionary solid state projector using a single TI Darkchip 3™ DMD with a solid state illumination engine (no color wheel) and sealed optics.
- Signal format: 2560 x 1600 WQXGA (VESA RB)
- Input frame rate: 60Hz with Single Input or (2) x 60Hz with Dual Input
|Inputs, Control and Networking:
- 2 x Dual-link DVI-D
- On-board Ethernet control capabilities
- Additional Ethernet connections for Christie ArrayLOC™ network
- IR/wired remote control as part of optional user kit
- 2 x RS-232 ports and 1 x RS-422 port
- Mechanical, horizontal and vertical lens shift
- No shutter required
- No iris required - user programmable illumination parameters(eliminates the need for a mechanical shutter)
- Solid State illumination
- Full spectrum Christie InfraRGB™
- Illumination lifetime greater than 50,000 hours (to 50% output)
- Manages the brightness and color levels of all projectors within an array to a common level, in real time with no additional latency
|Lenses: Fixed and Zoom
- 0.68:1; 0.80:1 optimized for IR and visible light
- 1.28-1.71:1 optimized for IR and visible light
- 0.68:1 lens features ±5% (horizontal) and ±5% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation; 0.80:1 lens features ±75% (horizontal) and ±100% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation; 1.28-1.71:1 lens features ±75% (horizontal) and ±100% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation
- User kit (includes manual, IR remote)
- Rugged Motion Platform kit2 to withstand 5g shock load (purpose-built)
- Ruggedized transit case
- Remote IR sensor
- Christie AutoCalTM3
- Christie MotoBlend™ optical blending3
|Enhanced feature sets:
- Minimum Processing Latency (MPL™)
- Christie AccuFrame™ smear reduction, fully adjustable in 1% increments to minimum hold time of <6ms
- Christie ArrayLOC – automatic, continuous management of brightness and color-space levels of all projectors in the array to a common level, in real-time
- Christie InfraScene™ – simultaneous, independent display of both visible light and infrared projection
- Dual-channel compositing modes including: Christie InfraScene and 120Hz RGB interleaved modes
- Auto power up
- Menus in 5 languages
- Operating voltage: 100-240 VAC @ 50/60Hz
- Operating current: 10A max (lower in normal operational modes)
- Power dissipation: 2316 BTU/hr max (lower in normal operational modes)
- Dimensions: 400mm x 400mm x 406mm (without lens)
- Weight: 40kg (without lens)
- Shipping weight: 80kg (without lens)
- Temperature: 40-95°F (5-40°C)
- Humidity: 20-80% non-condensing
- Directives: (EC) 2002/95/EC (RoHS); 2002/96/EC (WEEE); Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 (REACH); CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1; UL 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; FCC, Part 15, Subpart B, Class A; EN55022/CISPR22 Class A; EN55024/CISPR24; ICEES003 / NMB003 (A)
- Certifications marks and product approvals (check with Christie for latest update): cULus (Canada & US); CE (EU); CCC (China); GoST-R (Russia); KC (Korea); PSE (Japan); C-Tick (Australia & New Zealand); South Africa; Mexico
- Standard Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- Extended Warranty options available
- Contact an authorized Christie representative for full details of our limited warranty
1Each offset is specified with the other at zero. Simultaneous horizontal and vertical offsets may limit the adjustment range of each.
2StIM-WQ is available with a Ruggedized Motion Platform Kit. These are purpose built to interface with customer’s motion platform structures and available on a build to order basis. For details, please contact your Christie sales representative .
3For details, please contact your Christie sales representative.
Due to constant research, specifications and features are subject to change without notice.