Built on the same stable, long-life RGB-LED illumination platform as the Christie Matrix StIM™ WQ, the Christie Matrix SIM WQ offers a virtually maintenance-free option for commercial aviation as well as military training applications where NVG stimulation is not required.
The Christie Matrix SIM WQ takes solid state projection for the civil aviation sector to the next level. With higher brightness, WQXGA resolution, real-time balancing of color and brightness levels, and advanced, user-adjustable smear reduction technology, the Christie Matrix SIM WQ LED illuminated projector exceeds FAA standards, providing the most true-to-life image quality in the simulation industry.
Designed with Christie expertise, this simulation projection system has a fully ruggedized chassis for motion platform use. With no consumables the Matrix SIM WQ is a virtually maintenance-free system which boasts extremely low sustainment costs for a low total cost of ownership.
And, it’s designed with the same solid state illumination platform as the original Christie Matrix SIM which has been successfully integrated and proven on commercial simulators with FAA qualification approval for complete unrestricted training.
||2560 x 1600 WQXGA|
||800 ANSI lumens|
||Greater than 50,000 hrs to 50% output|
||88lbs (40kg)|| |
Engineered specifically for simulation and training
Christie Matrix SIM WQ is a fully integrated projection system designed to exceed Level D compliance for projectors in Full Flight Simulators. Simulation-specific features include:
- Christie AutoCal™ – an easy-to-use system that allows users to re-calibrate both geometry and blending with unequalled accuracy
- Christie ArrayLOC™ – for real-time balancing of color and brightness levels
- Christie AccuFrame™ – smear reduction technology to accurately display high speed simulation content. On the Christie Matrix SIM WQ, AccuFrame is fully adjustable in 1% increments allowing system designers to maximize dynamic image quality over a range of frame rates and training scenarios for the most realistic displays.
Christie Matrix SIM WQ offers you peace of mind
Built on an inherently stable long-life platform that doesn’t fade over time, Christie Matrix SIM WQ is a lamp-less illumination system that offers unprecedented stability and reliability at an extremely low sustainment cost that translates to a low total cost of ownership.
Designed for 24/7 operation, the Christie Matrix SIM WQ provides years of continuous operation with no consumables and is virtually maintenance-free.
- Visual display solution meets FAA Level D simulator standards
- Integrated, extraordinarily fast LED illumination with a lifetime greater than 50,000 hours to 50% output
- No consumables – no lamps for longer life, longer reliability and lower cost of ownership than traditional lamped projectors
- Solid state technology with single DMD™ – provides unmatched picture reliability, filter-free design and no color wheel for high reliability
- Unlimited mounting options – removes restrictions of a lamp for any orientation mounting
- Ruggedized motion platform kit – to withstand 5g shock load
- Increased color gamut – for more dynamic and realistic rendering of the training environment
- 10,000:1 dynamic contrast (under LED control)
- No mechanical iris required
- 95% brightness and color uniformity after electronic adjustment
|Display Technology Type:
- Revolutionary solid state projector using a single TI Darkchip 3™ DMD with a solid state illumination engine (no color wheel) and sealed optics.
- Signal format: 2560 x 1600 WQXGA (VESA RB)
- Input frame rate: 60Hz with Single Input
|Inputs, Control and Networking:
- 1 x Dual-link DVI-D
- On-board Ethernet control capabilities
- Additional Ethernet connections for Christie ArrayLOC™ network
- IR/wired remote control as part of optional user kit
- R2 x RS-232 ports and 1 x RS-422 port
- Mechanical, horizontal and vertical lens shift
- No shutter required
- No iris required - user programmable illumination parameters(eliminates the need for a mechanical shutter)
- Solid State illumination
- Illumination lifetime greater than 50,000 hours (to 50% output)
- Manages the brightness and color levels of all projectors within an array to a common level, in real time with no additional latency
|Lenses and Lens Offsets1:
- 0.68:1 fixed lens features ±5% (horizontal) and ±15% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation
- 0.80:1 fixed lens features +100/-60% (horizontal) and +150/-100% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation
- 1.28-1.71:1 zoom lens features +100/-60% (horizontal) and +150/-100% (vertical) offset when mounted in landscape orientation
- 0.68:1 WQXGA fixed lens
- 0.80:1 WQXGA fixed lens
- 1.28-1.71:1 WQXGA zoom lens
- User kit (includes manual, IR remote)
- Rugged Motion Platform kit2 to withstand 5g shock load (purpose-built)
- Ruggedized transit case
- Remote IR sensor
- Christie AutoCalTM3
- Christie MotoBlend™ optical blending3
|Enhanced feature sets:
- Minimum Processing Latency (MPL™)
- Christie AccuFrame™ smear reduction, fully adjustable in 1% increments to minimum hold time of <6ms
- Christie ArrayLOC – automatic, continuous management of brightness and color-space levels of all projectors in the array to a common level, in real-time
- Auto power up
- Menus in 5 languages
- Operating voltage: 100-240 VAC @ 50/60Hz
- Operating current: 10A max (lower in normal operational modes)
- Power dissipation: 2316 BTU/hr max (lower in normal operational modes)
- Dimensions: 400mm x 400mm x 406mm (without lens)
- Weight: 40kg (without lens)
- Shipping weight: 80kg (without lens)
- Temperature: 40-95°F (5-40°C)
- Humidity: 20-80% non-condensing
- Directives: (EC) 2002/95/EC (RoHS); 2002/96/EC (WEEE); Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 (REACH); CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1; UL 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; FCC, Part 15, Subpart B, Class A; EN55022/CISPR22 Class A; EN55024/CISPR24; ICEES003 / NMB003 (A)
- Certifications marks and product approvals (check with Christie for latest update): cULus (Canada & US); CE (EU); CCC (China); GoST-R (Russia); KC (Korea); PSE (Japan); C-Tick (Australia & New Zealand); South Africa; Mexico
- Standard Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- Extended Warranty options available
- Contact an authorized Christie representative for full details of our limited warranty
1Each offset is specified with the other at zero. Simultaneous horizontal and vertical offsets may limit the adjustment range of each.
2Christie SIM WQ is available with a Ruggedized Motion Platform Kit. These are purpose built to interface with customer’s motion platform structures and available on a build to order basis. For details, please contact your Christie sales representative.
3For details, please contact your Christie sales representative.
Due to constant research, specifications and features are subject to change without notice.