CINEASIA 2016/Hong Kong – (December 7, 2016) – Christie®, a leader in creating and sharing the world’s best visual and audio experiences, is pleased to announce that its revolutionary RGB laser projection system continues to be the preferred choice for a premium 3D cinema experience by leading cinema exhibitors across China.
Since its rollout in June 2014 with the world’s first commercial RGB laser projection system installed at the Shanghai Film Art Center, Christie’s pinnacle projection technology has seen widespread adoption due to its 4K resolution, high frame rate capabilities, a color gamut that exceeds the DCI P3 color and replicates the Rec. 2020 space, scalable light source up to 60,000 lumens, long operational and stable life (30,000 hours to 80% brightness), and built-in redundancies for improved reliability.
Wanda Cinema Line, Suning Cinema, and Henan Oscar International Cinema are among the many cinema exhibitors that have continued to deploy the Christie CP42LH 3DLP® 4K RGB laser projection system in their theaters using both 6-Primary (6P) and Enhanced Wavelength Diversification (EWD) configurations.
Christie 6P laser systems employ two sets of RGB laser lights – one for the left eye, and one with slightly different wavelengths for the right eye. Reusable glasses then filter out the different wavelengths and direct the light to the eye it was intended for. As a result, 3D content feels natural, is brighter and achieves DCI-compliancy for both eyes.
Christie RGB laser with EWD, on the other hand, provides exhibitors with a legitimate option to counteract speckle while allowing the continued use of existing silver screens and passive 3D systems. Not only does this reduce costs and time associated with a projection system retrofit, it also allows exhibitors to use low-cost 3D polarization glasses, which translates to significant cost savings.
In recent months, some of the theaters across China that have installed Christie RGB laser include:
- Kunming Dadu LCC Theater – Christie 6P laser projection system has been installed in Hall 5 auditorium, which has a 14.5-meter screen and a seating capacity of 240.
- Liaoning Panjin Wanda Plaza – Christie RGB laser projection system with EWD has been fitted in Hall 10, which is equipped with a 22-meter screen and 357 seats.
- Anshan Suning Cinema – The premium auditorium of this cineplex, which has 20-meter screen and a capacity of 430, is powered by Christie RGB laser projection system with EWD.
- Baotou Suning Cinema – Christie RGB laser projection system with EWD is fitted in Hall 2, which has a 17-meter screen and over 260 seats.
- Kunming China Film Stellar Cinema – Christie RGB laser system with EWD is installed in its flagship Hall 1 auditorium, fitted with an 18-meter screen and over 240 seats.
- Kaifeng China Film International Cineplex – The premium auditorium of this multiplex is powered by Christie RGB laser with EWD and has a screen measuring 18.8 meters.
- Xiamen Oscar International Cinema – Christie RGB laser projection system with EWD is deployed in Hall 3 auditorium, which has an 18.3-meter screen and a capacity of close to 300 patrons.
- Fujian NetDragon Websoft – This multi-player online game developer installed a Christie RGB laser system with EWD in its auditorium, which boasts a massive 22-meter screen.
“We are heartened that our ground-breaking RGB laser projection system continues to be the clear choice of Chinese exhibitors across the country. Not only can the system achieve exceptional brightness in 3D to provide audiences with a truly unforgettable cinema experience, it is also highly robust and reliable,” said Jason Pei, Deputy General Manager, Christie China. “The increasing number of Christie RGB laser installs in China demonstrates the strong confidence that our customers have in our leading projection technology, and I’m pleased to note that more RGB laser installations are scheduled in various parts of China in the coming months.”
Lin Yu, Vice President, Christie Asia Pacific, added, “Christie RGB laser technology represents the pinnacle of laser-illuminated projection that has redefined the cinematic experience by allowing audiences to enjoy brighter, clearer and more vibrant visuals like never before. We look forward to working more closely with our existing customers, and having more exhibitors installing our RGB laser projection system in their premium large format theaters across China, including those from second and third-tier cities.”
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. is a global visual technologies company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP:6925). Consistently setting the standards by being the first to market some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays, Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world. From retail displays to Hollywood, mission critical command centers to classrooms and training simulators, Christie display solutions and projectors capture the attention of audiences around the world with dynamic and stunning images. Visit www.christiedigital.com.
Christie® is a registered trademark of Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., registered in the United States of America and certain other countries.
DLP® is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments.