The Ushio environmental plan
As well as the EMS, Ushio also created an Environmental Action Plan (EAP). The plan spans the years 2003 to 2020 and outlines specific environmental objectives and targets for all Ushio offices and all Ushio group companies.
When completed in 2020, the EAP will have accomplished Ushio’s environmental vision of becoming a low-carbon, recycling-orientated and biodiversity-preserving company globally. Ushio has also begun considering its new vision for the year 2030. Ushio has also begun considering its new vision for the year 2030.
All Ushio Group companies and subsidiaries also participate in an environmental governance program. This governance outlines eight rules that every organization must follow:
- Environmental activities shall be conducted by all Group companies
- The USHIO Environmental Action Plan shall apply to all Group companies
- Environmental activities shall be based on ISO standards or an independent Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Environmental communication shall be coordinated and conducted through UGN
- UGN members shall be asked to submit environmental impact figures to ECO-SYS
- The implementation status of environmental activities shall be verified by internal audits
- Environmental performance figures, environmental accounting and other environmental data shall be disclosed
- Group environmental production activities shall be supported