The original version of Christie® Spyder was for edge-blended widescreen, single and multiscreen applications, but the strength of the Christie Spyder 200/300 series is its modularity. The 200/300 series comes in 22 models packaged as 2RU or 3RU units with varying I/O combinations of up to 32 inputs and 32 outputs, as well as smaller I/O increments so you can build the system you need. All models in this series are compatible and configurable with each other. This modularity can make the 200/300 series more cost effective in configurations that don't match the Christie Spyder X20 I/O structure.
Mixing and multiple key frame effects
- Smooth-go transitions automatically interpolate between the first look and the second look according to user-defined duration
- Real-time window resizing and positioning with unrestricted window placement
- Full motion path editing with velocity control at each key frame
- PIP borders, including drop shadows and soft inside edge
- Adjustable PIP aspect ratio correction as well as cropping, pan and zoom
- Quickly apply looks to multiple video layers with user-defined treatments
- Luminance keyer on every input
- Chroma keyer on every input
- Alpha channel bitmaps on every input, for alpha channel titling or bugs from your favorite graphics application
Presets and timed cues
- Save Command Key presets for a single video layer or a complete on-screen look that includes all layout information as well as machine control for ancillary devices
- Save multiple keyframes in scripted sequences that advance manually or automatically based on timed cues.
- Two native or scalable resolution background buffers allows mixing between high-resolution, still backdrops for PIP images or background inputs without having to use any of Christie Spyder's inputs to prevent screens from going to black
- Supports one video layer per input
- 10-bit analog inputs and outputs
- Low delay (< 1.5 interlaced frames)
- 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down detection
Taking the next step
If you have any questions, or if you’d like to speak to a Christie sales representative about Christie processing solutions, please contact us.