CYPRESS, Calif. – (August 18, 2015) – Christie® is expanding its influential 1DLP® laser phosphor projector lineup with today’s official launch of the Christie Captiva™ Series. Previewed at Campus Technology 2015 and at InfoComm 2015 where it earned a Best of Show award, the super-quiet Christie Captiva Series provides 20,000 hours of high performance lamp-free operation with the ability to achieve full brightness within seconds with the capacity to move instantaneously into standby mode with no cool down period.
Available with a 0.25:1 ultra-short throw lens, the Christie Captiva Series can be mounted within inches from a screen or wall – in portrait or landscape (tabletop, inverted) mode – without shadows obstructing the image. The high definition Captiva DHD400S offers native 16:9 aspect ratio matching up perfectly with the most common signals used today. The ultra-wide Captiva DUW350S brings a new captivating and creative wide canvas for tight spaces and, simultaneously, offers a unique, but practical workspace for everyday activities. Both the Captiva DHD400S and the Captiva DUW350S are ideal for fixed installations including classrooms, corporate offices, retail, government, and museums where quiet operation is vital.
“Christie’s ongoing commitment to solid state illumination continues with the official launch of Captiva Series. Both models place the projector extremely close to the screen which means your audience can engage much closer without creating shadows which disrupt the image,” said Curtis Lingard, product manager, Christie. “Captiva Series becomes even more engaging for viewers when paired with the Captiva Touch and IR pen interactive options.”
Christie Captiva Series at a glance:
- Solid State, long lasting illumination.
- Super-quiet performance.
- Delivers over 3000 (ultra wide) and 3500 (HD) lumens with minimal space requirements.
- HD produces images from 80-100 diagonal inches.
- Ultra Wide produces images from 120-140 diagonal inches.
- Reliable light source with 20,000 hours of low-cost operation and eliminates the need for lamp replacements.
- Instant use with only seconds to full brightness and full standby.
- Optional Captiva Touch interactive accessory and IR pens turn the projected image into an interactive display.
- Ultra Wide resolution provides workspace for side-by-side applications from a single source or a breathtakingly creative canvas in either landscape or portrait mode.
- Standard connections including 2 x HDMI, VGA (with monitor out), composite video, and audio (microphone and audio inputs.
- 3D capability.
Christie Captiva ships in September 2015 with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc. is a global visual and audio technologies company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP:6925). Consistently setting the standards by being the first to market some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays, Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world. From retail displays to Hollywood, mission critical command centers to classrooms and training simulators, Christie display solutions and projectors capture the attention of audiences around the world with dynamic and stunning images. Visit www.christiedigital.com.
Follow Christie at:
“Christie” is a trademark of Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., registered in the United States of America and certain other countries.
DLP® is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments