Cypress, CA - (May 5, 2003) – Christie, the trusted industry expert in rear-projected multimedia wall displays, is pleased to introduce new dual UHP lamp technology for its leading single-chip DLP™ SXGA control room product line.
Designed specifically to provide users with lower maintenance and operating costs, the dual UHP lamp technology is now available for the CS70-D100U projection display cube and the RPMS-D100U rear projection module. With this advanced technology, these two new models are ideally suited for multimedia wall displays requiring larger screen sizes, higher brightness and reliable performance in 24/7 operations.
“We have spent significant time listening to the needs of our customers,” states Jim Gavloski, Director of Product Management, Control Room Solutions. “Our customers asked for a solution with ultimate flexibility combined with affordable operation and maintenance. We’ve met this demand with our new dual UHP lamp technology products.”
“Production on the new technology began in early April 2003. Market demand and interest for the product has been great,” remarks Gavloski. “Already, we have shipped the first products to Korea to support the Korean Highway RTMS project.”
This new exclusive dual lamp UHP-based system complements Christie’s existing Xenon lamp solutions (first introduced at InfoComm International 2002) and, together, offers the widest range of custom-configurable solutions combining brightness, performance and cost to maintain factors – eight lamp operating variations are possible, providing up to 1100 ANSI lumens brightness. Features of the UHP system include:
• User selectable operation in “single lamp” or “dual lamp” modes. In single lamp mode, only one lamp is active at a time. This provides lower cost of operation and maintenance. In this mode, if the lamp reaches its end of life, the system can automatically detect and, within 10 seconds, switch to a secondary lamp – thus keeping the display operational with very little interruption. The system is fully electronic “solid state” (no moving mechanical or re-alignment parts). Up to 20,000 hours* (approx. 2.2 years) of operation may be possible without having to replace a single lamp! In dual lamp mode, two simultaneously operating lamps offer double the brightness, or should one of the lamps reach its end of life sooner, the remaining lamp remains in operation
• User selectable operation in Standard or Brightness Boost modes. Standard mode offers best color matching capability and control while Brightness Boost mode offers increased brightness
• Adjustable lamp power range offers operation at 100W for longer lamp life and operation up to 120W for increased brightness with lower expected lamp life. Lamp power adjustability between 100W and 120W also allows for improved brightness matching between displays
All Christie RPMS and CS70 Series models (12 unique variations in total) include:
• SXGA native resolution; UXGA compatibility
• Up to 1200 ANSI lumens for Xenon systems, up to 1100 ANSI lumens for UHP systems
• 1-chip DLP™ technology for superior tiling and performance quality
• Worry free 24/7 design
• Christie’s proven CoRE™ modular electronics architecture
• Christie’s own ultra low distortion short throw tiling SXGA lenses (both 0.8:1 and 1.25:1 throw options for the RPMS models)
• Unique, integrated 6-axis geometry adjustment and stability system
• Low depth platforms
• Modular design for fast and easy serviceability
• Extensive, user friendly menu and control and status display system via long range high frequency remote keypad
• Diagnostic monitoring and projection control via serial network
• Both fixed frequency and multi-frequency input versions
• Multiple input options and accessories available on multi-frequency models
• Full compatibility with Christie’s FRC-5000 Display Wall Controllers
“With the introduction of the UHP lamp technology, we have further extended our product line to meet the needs of customers at all levels. Today, Christie is the only manufacturer to offer such a comprehensive range of reliable, purpose-built solutions for rear-screen display environments,” adds Gavloski.
Orders for the CS70-D100U and RPMS-D100U are now being accepted. For a formal showing, please see our new products on display at Christie’s booth (#1020) during InfoComm International 2003 to be held June 3-5 in Orlando, Florida.
Christie is a leading manufacturer of high performance projection solutions for global network operations centers, broadcast monitoring centers, surveillance rooms, business presentations, meeting rooms, training rooms, auditoriums, 3D, Virtual Reality and movie theatres. Christie’s projectors, videowall cubes, rear screen projection modules and wall display controllers have been used by world-class organizations such as Ansaldo Signal NV Group, ChungHwa Telecoms (Taiwan), Centers for Disease Control (Emergency Operations Center), Deutsche Telekom, Calgary Transit, Nashville Electric Service (NES), PanAmSat and Shenzhen Telecom. With expertise in professional projection systems since 1979, Christie offers the broadest range of high-resolution 24/7 solutions for control room operations. For more information on Christie’s complete line of control room projectors and controllers, visit the company’s Web site at www.christiedigital.com.