INFOCOMM/Anaheim, CA – (June 19, 2007) – Christie, a global leader in visual solutions for entertainment, business and industry, has launched the new Christie RoadTools – a free, value-add software suite to enable faster projection system set up and more efficient management and control of Christie projectors. From initial set up and control to the complete customization of the display, Christie RoadTools software features applications to increase productivity and save both labor costs and time. The RoadTools suite is compatible with all Christie projectors that feature 10-bit image processing electronics and is available as a free download on Christie’s web site at www.christiedigital.com/roadtools.
The Christie RoadTools suite includes:
- PowerTool – An easy-to-use Graphical User Interface for quick and easy Ethernet control of single or multiple projectors, managing features such as image, color, lamp, Picture-in-Picture and system status.
- ColorMatcher – This application quickly reads each projector’s internal x and y color coordinates and automatically adjusts the color settings of all the projectors. 95% of color matching can be done in mere seconds, allowing the user to fine-tune colors to match their environment or preferences.
- VirtualRemote – The virtual graphic “remote control” provides full functionality of an actual remote with the added ability to manage single or multiple projectors over a dedicated network. Users can control one or more projectors when not physically connected to the projector - like holding the real thing in your hands. It is also a handy tool if the physical remote unit is misplaced.
- SettingsBackup – A simple application that allows users to save channels, settings and set-up preferences for a single projector, and then apply those settings to multiple projectors – all within seconds.
- LogoLoader – A handy application that lets users easily customize their projectors’ start-up screen, allowing for the placement of their own unique image or logo.
“Christie has established a global reputation as a market leader by continuously raising the bar for customer satisfaction and support,” notes George Tsintzouras, senior product manager, Business Products, Christie. “These new value-add software programs enable our customers to set up systems faster, manage their projectors better, and increase their productivity. We urge our customers to take advantage of this free intelligent suite of applications to help them maximize the use of our products.”
Christie RoadTools can be used on Microsoft Windows based laptops or tablet PCs connected by WiFi, Ethernet or RS-232. Stop by Christie’s InfoComm booth #4009, June 19 – 21, 2007 for an interactive demonstration of Christie RoadTools.
Christie is a leader in visual solutions for world-class organizations, offering diverse applications for business, entertainment, and industry. A leading innovator in film projection since 1929 and a pioneer in digital projection systems since 1979, Christie has established a global reputation as a total service provider and the world's single source manufacturer of a variety of display technologies and solutions. Christie offers comprehensive solutions for cinema, large audience venues, control rooms, business presentations, training facilities, 3D and Virtual Reality, simulation and education as well as industrial and government environments. For more information, visit www.christiedigital.com