KITCHENER, ON – (October 10, 2003) - Think it’s tough to handle one newborn baby? Try four…and a 22-month old toddler. On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, Christie Digital Systems will be welcoming home the babies of employee, Clint Lipczynski and his wife Jen, with a special celebration at the Galaxy Cinemas in Waterloo. Christie has arranged for a number of local sponsors to present their gifts to Clint and Jen at the event.
The babies, born eight weeks premature, have recently passed a major hurdle – surviving their first ten weeks without complications. These gifts will greatly assist the family throughout the coming year.
The event will take place on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 11:30 a.m. at Galaxy Cinemas’ premier digital cinema theatre (Theatre 1) at Conestoga Mall, 550 King St. N. in Waterloo.
“It seems fundraisers are usually held to help families in crisis overcome tragedies. It’s refreshing to see our community come together for such a positive event and it’s overwhelming to be the recipients of this generous support,” commented Clint Lipczynski, proud father and product specialist at Christie. “We are very thankful.”
Through a piggy bank drive, the employees of Christie raised significant funds and will present the family with an extra-capacity washer and dryer.
In addition, the following sponsors have contributed these gifts:
• Bristol-Myers Squibb (www.bristolmyers.com) – Ongoing supply of Enfamil A+ infant formula
• Kimberly-Clark (www.huggies.com) – Ongoing supply of Huggies diapers and wipes
• valu-mart at Waterloo Town Square (www.nationalgrocers.com) – Gift certificate
• W.C. Wood Company (www.wcwood.com) – 15 cu. ft. Chest freezer
• Schneider Foods (www.schneiders.ca) – Freezer full of products
• La-Z-Boy (www.lazyboy.com) – Two rocker recliners
• Applied Electronics (www.appliedelectronics.com) – Digital camera
• bonnie togs (www.bonnietogs.com) – Gift certificate
- more -
• Playtex (www.playtex.com) – Baby bottles, liners, diaper wipes and Baby Magic skin care products
• OTIP - Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan (www.otip.com) – Proceeds raised from fundraising events for the months of September and October
• Knightsbridge Human Capital Management (www.knightsbridge.ca) – Gift certificate for valu-mart
• Wal-Mart in Kitchener (www.walmart.com) – Proceeds from staff hot dog day and fundraiser
• Fakespace Systems (www.fakespacesystems.com) – Cash donation
• Baker’s At Work Office Furniture (www.bakers.on.ca) – Gift certificate for home office furniture
• Terry Scott White Photography (www.terryscottwhite.com) – Family portrait
• Housekeepers of Canada (www.housekeepers.ca) – Weekly housekeeping service
• CCS (Corporate Catering Services) – Daily meal service
• Nursery Rhymes Baby Store (www.nurseryrhymes.com) – Gift certificate
• Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (www.collegeofmassage.com) – 15 hours of massage
• Galaxy Cinemas, Waterloo Conestoga Mall (www.galaxycinemas.com) – Event hosts
Thanks to business friends, John Pollock, CEO & chairman of the board, Electrohome Limited and Rob Crofts, vice-president, Corporate Benefits Analysts, Inc., for soliciting contributions. A special thank you goes to Anna Carr, administrative services supervisor at OTIP whose tireless efforts have resulted in tremendous community response.
Christie’s Canadian head office is located in Kitchener, Ontario and its premiere Digital Cinema projector is used to show digital movies at Galaxy Cinemas, Conestoga Mall in Waterloo. Christie is a world leader in visual solutions for business, entertainment and media used by world-class organizations for diverse applications. Christie is the world’s single source manufacturer of a variety of display technologies including 35mm film projectors, digital cinema projectors, DLP™ and LCD projectors, rear screen projection modules and cubes, wall display controllers, networking solutions, and cutting edge technologies such as immersive 3D, virtual reality and simulation. With expertise in professional projection systems since 1979 and film projection dating back to 1929, Christie has over 50,000 projectors installed in over 50 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.christiedigital.com.