Built on the same stable, long-life RGB-LED illumination platform as the Christie Matrix StIM™, the Christie Matrix SIM offers a virtually maintenance-free option for commercial aviation and other training applications where NVG stimulation is not required.
With the Christie Matrix SIM, the civil aviation sector now has a viable display solution that meets FAA standards and boasts low sustainment costs, low operating costs, real-time auto-calibration and a low latency. The Christie Matrix SIM simulation projection system has been successfully integrated and proven on commercial simulators with FAA qualification approval for complete unrestricted training.
If a trainer goes down, depending on the mean time to repair (MTTR) the amount of time lost can directly translate into fewer training hours, lower quality training and higher maintenance costs. The Christie Matrix SIM provides a virtually maintenance-free display with a life expectancy of between 7-10 years of typical operation.
The advantages of LED illumination and DLP® technology in the Matrix SIM include unprecedented image quality, stability and reliability at the point of purchase and over the extensive lifetime of the display. A wide color gamut, excellent color saturation and greater flexibility to manage color space to best fit application requirements offers image generators enhanced capabilities for producing images that are closer to reality than traditional lamp-based projectors. As well, the high-bandwidth capabilities of LED and DLP® ideally complement each other and allow for higher levels of both static and dynamic image fidelity.
||1920 x 1200 WUXGA|
10,000:1 dynamic contrast (under LED control);
no mechanical iris required
||RGB LED illumination package|
||60,000 hrs MTBF on the illumination system|
||6.7" (170 mm)|
||5.5" (140 mm)|
||16.5" (420 mm)|
||9.7 lb (4.4 kg)|| |
The Matrix SIM simulation projection system is a viable display solution that meets FAA standards for civil aviation for complete unrestricted training.
The Christie Matrix SIM is an intelligent display utilizing Christie ArrayLOC™, technology that self-adjusts color and brightness levels in real-time and offers rock-solid system stability. Combined with long life expectancy, this significantly reduces maintenance efforts and ownership costs for years of virtually maintenance-free operation resulting in more uptime and more training.
- Integrated, extraordinarily fast LED illumination for 60,000 hrs MTBF on the illumination of the system
- Visual display solution meets FAA standards for complete unrestricted simulation training
- ArrayLOC™ - the continuous management of brightness and color levels of the projectors in the array in real-time, without additional latency
- No consumables – no lamps for longer life, longer reliability and lower cost of ownership than traditional lamped projectors
- Solid state technology with single DMD™ - provides unmatched picture reliability, filter-free design and no color wheel for high reliability
- Increased color gamut – for more dynamic and realistic rendering of the training environment
- Unlimited mounting options – removes restrictions of a lamp for any orientation mounting
- Modular architecture – small form factor