Christie, an innovator in purpose-built projection display systems, is pleased to introduce two new high resolution LED-based rear projection products designed specifically for control room and videowall applications: The Christie Entero™ LED 1-chip DLP® series; offered in both SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) and WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolutions.
The future of seamless 24/7 rear projection is here!
Christie is proud to be the world’s first with our exciting Entero LED product line-up. Based on a “Zero Maintenance” design platform, the Entero LED surpasses other lamp based rear projection systems for low maintenance and ownership cost. Advances in technology have enabled LEDs to be ideally suited for rear projection videowall displays, offering an incredible number of benefits over traditional mercury lamp based illumination.
Benefits of LED illumination include:
- Solid state. LEDs are solid state. There is no lamp arc to ignite, degrade and maintain over time.
- Instant on. Unlike arc lamps which may take up to a minute to turn on and reach full brightness, LEDs turn on very fast.
- Extremely long life. The rated lifetime of the LED-based illumination system is 50,000 hours (5.7 years). Actual lifetime may extend beyond 80,000 hours.
- No color wheel required. The fast speed of LEDs removes the need for a motorized color wheel in 1 chip DLP® systems. Red, green and blue LEDs can be sequenced at rates many times higher than color wheels, thus reducing likelihood of visible sequencing artifacts.
- Wider color gamut for more vivid color. The color spectral characteristics surpass that of traditional color wheel based systems. EBU standards are far exceeded with LEDs and the system allows color performance to be easily manipulated to best match the application.
- Better brightness control. LEDs offer a wide range of brightness control, unlike mercury lamps which offer only about 10-25% brightness adjustment. And there is no need for a mechanical aperture (iris) to adjust brightness.
- Environmentally responsible. LEDs are an environmentally responsible “green” light source, free of hazardous substances found in conventional lamp technologies.
Christie took a “Zero Maintenance” approach when designing our new line of LED based projection products. These products offer extremely low cost of ownership. There are no lamps to replace or color wheels to worry about, reducing ongoing part and maintenance expenses. The optics are sealed so there are no dust filters to replace. The only moving parts in the system are three sets of cooling fans, each including one redundant fan so that the system continues to perform in the event of a fan failure.
The innovative “heat pipe” cooling technology delivers excellent cooling performance while minimizing audible noise. MTBFs of major modules is >50,000 hours. Our smart ArrayLOCTM technology automatically manages color and brightness uniformity across the videowall on an ongoing basis, thus reducing need for human intervention. And the best part is that aside from the cost savings, disruption to the videowall is minimized while it delivers reliable performance for many years of continuous operation.
We included Christie’s newer KoRE III electronics platform which provides superior levels of functionality and control. KoRE III includes additional new features and benefits such as being able to spread the display of input sources across an array of projectors without need for an external controller.
Christie Entero LED Series deliver 600 ANSI lumens, ideal for our 50”, 67” and 72” cube platforms. And these platforms offer superior cross prism optical screen technology for higher gain and increased view-ability.
- 469 cd/m2 for SXGA+ with superior 50” cross prism screen
- 261 cd/m2 for SXGA+ with superior 67” cross prism screen
- 241 cd/m2 for WUXGA with superior 72” cross prism screen