Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) have emerged as a solid-state alternative for traditional high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps. Offering a number of distinct operational and performance advantages, LED illumination technology can solve some of the challenges found in designing projection arrays and other applications.
Key benefits of LED illumination
- Solid-state technology – Durable and virtually maintenance free, even in the most demanding applications.
- Instant on – No waiting for warm-up - quickly share your information, especially in mission-critical situations.
- Extremely long life – Years of operation without the need to replace the light source.
- Wide color gamut for more vivid color – Spectral characteristics and range surpasses traditional color systems.
- Better brightness control – Providing the ability to reproduce your content as accurately as possible.
- Environmentally responsible – Zero consumables and high-efficiency operation.
Long life, reliability, and virtually maintenance-free visual displays
LED illumination revolutionizes visual displays by offering a platform that contains no consumable components that would otherwise require scheduled replacement and maintenance. With 7 to 10 years of operating life (depending on the application) and built-in management features that continuously monitor and manage brightness, color control and black levels across the entire display. Christie’s LED-illumination technology platform ensures virtually zero-maintenance operation.
Download our whitepaper to learn more about how high-efficiency LED display technology is helping create impactful, low-maintenance video walls.